*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835515-Grinch-Part-Two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#835515 added December 6, 2014 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Grinch Part Two
Groundhog Day continues with hospital visits, phone calls, shopping and keeping things ticking over at home while we still wait for a firm diagnosis of what is wrong with hubby and when his leg will be healed enough for him to be discharged.

Meanwhile...

It seems Black Friday lasted the whole of last weekend, followed by Cyber Monday and now we have Black Friday 2 and Wow weekend whatever that is. Do they really think we're stupid enough to believe they are selling anything at a price you can't find at any other time of year? For those who get injured or arrested during these fiascos I have three little words...serves you right. *Pthb*

I can guarantee once we turn over the calendar it's permission for certain people to offload their humbug cards. These are generally people who have no children or grandchildren, no one sick or in hospital, no financial worries and yet come December 1st the most important thing on their agenda is to deliver cards. They probably wrote them last August.

I know of five people who have a birthday in December. Trying to find birthday cards in the shops is almost impossible. Every shelf is crammed full of humbug cards to every relative you can think of as well as cats, dogs, parrots, the unborn and the deceased, but heaven forbid anyone wishes to purchase a card for any other occasion this month.

Music is one of my passions. It inspires, comforts and soothes for eleven months of the year, but come December or even before it's a case of one damned humbug song after another. Yes, it's impossible to ignore the fact that it's beginning to look a bit like Christmas and No, I don't wish it could be Christmas every day. I consider it mental torture being subjected to the same old putrid songs every December

I think England is the only country in the world where queues seem to be an acceptable way of life. I admit I don't wait good and find myself getting impatient at the best of times, but come December queues multiply on roads, in shops, at bus and train stations to the point where we spend more time in them than out. Not ideal for travelling to and from hospitals.

Did I ever mention I don't like Christmas? *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835515-Grinch-Part-Two