*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835833-OFF-THE-HOOK
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#835833 added December 10, 2014 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
OFF THE HOOK?
Prompt: A second Royal Baby will soon be joining the Windsors in England. Would you rather be an heir to the throne or an off the hook sibling?


The romanticized royalness of the British elite from an American point of view, is totally created by the media. The reality is probably most different and not nearly as perfect and glossy.

In the news today is this item: The University of Leicester has studied the DNA of Richard III and found that there could be a break in the royal bloodline.

Scientists were intrigued to find the DNA did not match, suggesting a 'non-paternity event' somewhere between Edward III and his descendants. Someone was illegitimate.


The politics and intrigues are piled one upon the other until there is no true reality, only an accepted consensus. However, my personal belief is that Diana and her two sons are more 'royal' than Charles and his second wife. I admire Harry because he's off the hook and behaves mostly in a very warm and compassionate style like his mother. I wonder how long this idea of monarchy will endure in these unsettled times.

Where I am in Belize, did you know that Queen Elizabeth's face is on all the currency and coins? Somehow the dregs of the British Empire are still present in many, many parts of this world.

Happy in the Caribbean, far from the drama of the Royals...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835833-OFF-THE-HOOK