*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836043-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#836043 added December 12, 2014 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
It's getting late again, so another short entry. It's been a pretty good day, but some of the tasks I set out to accomplish ended up being more time consuming than I liked. Even so, there wasn't much choice, it was needed.

I had been using Chrome for a browser, but it started messing up, loading slower and slower, and eventually, I had problems opening bank pages and other secured sites. I tried Mozilla and everything worked great. Then, it updated itself to the latest version, and I started to have some problems.

It still loads fast, works great, but I cannot log into my bank site. I researched it and adjusted this, tweaked that, and still could not get the page to load. I had made quite a few changes to all sorts of settings, including some security settings, but nothing worked to correct the problem.

I still could not log into my bank page, and now I had a messed up browser as well. So, I reset Mozilla, which fixed the browser, but it also removed all my plugins and add-ons. Out of curiosity, I tried my bank page and it worked. Great, I could now get into the bank again, and my browser was fixed.

But, I still needed a few of my add-ons and plugins, so I set about installing them, and then restarted my browser, to get them all working. I seen there was a pop-up from my antivirus, and I clicked on ok. It said something about needing to shut down my browser. That was fine with me, since I had just shut it down, and was restarting it to finish installing my plugins.

Only, now I couldn't log into the bank again. To make a long, story short, I went through reset again, then tried a few different plug-ins, one at a time to see what was causing the problem. Not a one made any difference until I came to the one that needed to restart my browser. Again, I shut it down, and again I seen the message from Bitdefender to shut down the browser.

This time I ignored it, restarted the browser and it worked great, the bank page opened and everything was fine. Then, I clicked on ok for Bitdefender, it shut down my browser, and when I restarted it again, I couldn't log into my bank. It was Bitdefender all along, blocking my page. I don't know why, but for some reason, after the latest update to Mozilla, it won't let me log into my bank. I have a suspicion that it was Bitdefender causing this same problem in Chrome, too.

Nothing like having total security, I'm so secure now that I can't even access secured sites. What's next? I suppose it's just a matter of time until Bitdefender decides that I'm a security threat to my computer, and blocks me. After all, if it won't let anyone turn it on, it can't get infected.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836043-Friday