*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836223-Seems-like-everyone-but-me-is-in-love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#836223 added December 15, 2014 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Seems like everyone but me is in love
** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


"My Only Wish This Year"
by Britney Spears


*Snowman*          *Ornament1b*          *Snowman*


Okay, maybe I'm going a little too far with this "original Christmas songs" idea if I'm pulling from the Britney Spears holiday album! *Laugh* I really do like this song though; I think it's a good mix of happy and sad... and it's not easy to do kind of a sad Christmas song. This single was originally released on the Platinum Christmas album, which was released in 2000 and has a bunch of artists that I grew up with, such as Britney, 'NSync, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews Band, Dido, Whitney Houston, and others.

The critics weren't exactly favorable to this song. In fact, Richard Jinman of the Sydney Morning Herald compared this song of Britney's to another classic from six years earlier, noting that both this song and Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" were "ho-ho-horrible singles." The joke is on them, though; the song has repeatedly shown up on holiday charts since then, and many current reviewers have noted that it's something of a classic now that it's still playing a decade after its initial release. And apparently South Korea didn't get the message from Jinman; residents of that country have bought over 600,000 copies of this single!



© Copyright 2014 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836223-Seems-like-everyone-but-me-is-in-love