*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836509-The-Spacing-of-Blog-Posts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1006007
Conversations with the voices inside my head, usually about my path to self-understanding.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#836509 added December 17, 2014 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
The Spacing of Blog Posts
The more I contemplate it, perhaps the right schedule for keeping a blog is "one post every 4-5 years."

It's a bit like those copied "Christmas Letters" some people are fond of sending-- "Catching up with a year of activity in the Joneses life in 700 words."

I say this because unless you happen to be one of about 17 people in the world who consistently sit down and write entertaining and scintillating prose, nobody really cares about your personal blog musings beyond getting an occasional "highlight reel." The 47th iteration of "So I went back the doctor so she could re-examine my genital warts" generally doesn't hold my attention.

Now, where was I?

Oh... writing.

I have gradually come to terms with the reality that I don't keep up with blogs, or writing columns, or even trying to write a book because I simply lack the discipline to site down and write, on a regular basis. Well... that's not 100% true. But what I write seems to be pretty much in tune with whatever way the wind happens to be blowing, and most dedicated (not to mention successful) writers don't really work that way.

So I'll just take being an "occasional keyboard-pecker" and be done.

Happy-ho-ho-Holidays to you!

© Copyright 2014 DenmarkGuy (UN: denmarkguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DenmarkGuy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836509-The-Spacing-of-Blog-Posts