*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836695-Christmas-Medicine
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#836695 added December 20, 2014 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
Christmas Medicine
As Christmas gets closer I feel a pit lodged in the narrow part of narrow part of my stomach. I can not be sure if it is dealing with grief, the stress of the holiday or a little bit of both. I had the honor and privilege of eating out with my son and his wife and my granddaughter. They had just finished a whirlwind of activity in school. They are both music teachers. Their daughter is only seven months old and offers challenges of her own.

I go to the gathering and I do not feel right. Something is missing. I find myself expecting the worst without even knowing why. It has been only two and one half months since mom's death. Work stress is at an all time high for me at Sprint and I find myself wondering if anyone is out there. I did get some meds to help dull the hurt and help me sleep. As I type I hear Christmas music in the background: Silent Night, Holy Night. It was the song that was sung just before my mom died October 6th. "Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace.

I pray for this medicine for all who face the hustle and bustle of the season. At the end of the day, may you know that there is the offer of sleep. As an infant slept may you sleep, knowing that God has it all under control. Jesus was a baby who eventually would wake up with us to show us peace, Peace on earth and good will toward men" God bless and Merry Christmas.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836695-Christmas-Medicine