*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836628-A-letter-written-to-my-friend-Chris
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#836628 added December 19, 2014 at 4:05am
Restrictions: None
A letter written to my friend Chris
I will meet with my kids somewhere between today and tomorrow. Life has seemed stressful for some reason. It is as if my security job does not means as much as it once did. God has for me a higher calling.

Just the other day I was getting ready to do my shift report and the computer screamed at me that I could not finish what I already typed. All of a sudden I felt very vulnerable. I thought to myself my job could end at the drop of a hat for no good reason. Security is anything but security and is not anything I can hang my hat of for very long.

This morning in the wee hours I read a book I would highly recommend. The name of it is "Death by Living" by a young Christian man story writer by the name of ND Wilson. The book had me in tears as I reached toward the end. Here is a man who knows about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and just like your sons he finds a way to capture it in a way that others will want to join in and participate. Wilson, himself is a screenwriter. May God bless your holiday. Hug your sons and enjoy every moment, feeling their tender flesh against your own, NOW. They are a gift from eternity, a gift from God and I will do the same with my own children. And I pray that whoever reads this blog love all that God has given into your care.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836628-A-letter-written-to-my-friend-Chris