*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836764-This-ones-about-Millie
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#836764 added December 20, 2014 at 8:21pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Millie.
** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


'Sup y'all? It's the last day of the "12 Days of "Christmas", so I'll let you in on a little secret...I never really had a "list" per se. Well, I did...I had a couple of bands scribbled down somewhere on a sheet of paper that I knew put out a Christmas song, and some nights before going to bed I'd get a video and lyrics ready for the next day's entry only to scrap it by the time I got to typing. I never really referred to my de facto "list", so that means no...

*No* Beck, "Little Drum Machine Boy"
*No* Mitch Miller, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
*No* El Vez, "Feliz Navidad"
*No* Fear, "Fuck Christmas"
*No* AC/DC, "Mistress For Christmas"

and
*No* <the worst Christmas song ever known to man, that I can't even bring myself to name and I've only got a few more hours left to hope someone else posts it so I can mock them point it out>.


This actually has been a fun little challenge, and like lizco252 said in one of her many posts today, "I don't think I've felt this festive about Christmas in years!" I do believe I have to agree with that statement.

We've had all kinds of different music show up: standards and ballads, acoustic renditions, pop starlets on repeat, punk covers and rock classics. We've heard of the exploits of all the traditional characters like Santa, Frosty and Rudolph, and some of us have been introduced to some, ummm, slightly seedier individuals throughout this playlist compilation- prostitutes, murderers, people having undergone a sex change- so why not introduce a child molester with a revenge plot into the mix?

De La Soul wasn't really known for this type of narrative, but it's a nice beat with a slinky-dink, pluck-and-go toy piano line that adds a little bounce to the nature of the smoothly-delivered lyrics. Ladies and gentlemen, "Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa".


"None of the kids could understand what was the cause.
All they could see was a girl holdin' a pistol on Claus."
Lyrics.  


For the blog.


*Santahat* I'm pretty sure I made this reference over the summer, but "Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa" spawned an afterword of sorts nearly twenty years later from Atmosphere, titled "Millie Fell Off The Fire Escape"  ...a sad conclusion to an even sadder story.

*Plane* Ok...let's lighten up a little bit. This is for all you kids and grandkids out there (really though, if you're reading this kids, you probably shouldn't be) who still like to track my main man Santa's travels on Christmas Eve...you can learn how NORAD's Santa tracker began  .

*Football* Y'all know I love football, and I'm happy that there's two games on today, but I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks calling football played on Saturday "Thursday Night Football: Saturday Edition"  , or whatever the hell they're calling it, is just plain stupid. It's football. Call it that. And since the NFL has basically been playing Saturday games toward the end of the season nearly every year for as long as I can remember, I guess it's ok to tie in some kind of holiday theme...but calling it something asinine like "Thursday Night Football Being Played On A Saturday Afternoon" makes about as much sense as, ummm...well, I haven't seen something so nonsensical in quite a long, long time. Then again, this is the NFL, and aside from the fact that they rake in billions upon billions of dollars every year (as a non-profit, no less), not much of what they do as a business makes a lot of sense.

With that being said, I'm gonna get outta here and catch the "Saturday Night Game Of Thursday Night Football" because I'm a dumb American supporting something I don't believe in just because they're pairing it with something I can barely pry myself away from. Yay America! Peace, go for ya self, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836764-This-ones-about-Millie