*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836979-This-ones-about-Christmas-Eve-eve
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#836979 added December 23, 2014 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Christmas Eve eve.
Good- no, great- evening to you, friends. No prompts today for me, thanks...I'm full *Laugh*. Anyway, just checkin' in to say hey...chillin' at my mom's house outside of Buffalo for the holidays, ya know, doin' the damn thing (I always wondered why people say that; I don't know what "the damn thing" is).

As I'm wont to do on occasion, I've been scrolling Facebook at random moments throughout the day, and people have been sharing these "It Was A Good Year, Thanks!" videos (or whatever the hell they're called), and it got me to thinking. I'm not one to jump on these bandwagons, partly because I never know if there's some sort of spambot in hiding and lurking behind them (yes, I'm occasionally paranoid), and partly because I hate looking at the same shit all the time on social media and I'm not one for doing what everyone else is doing solely because "everyone else is doing it".

And in my pondering of this, something was glaringly evident. It was not a good year. It was not a bad year. In a poetic sense almost, it was a year of ups and downs and highs and lows...just like every other year and pretty much how life wrangles its way into evening things out. I won't go into detail (if you want, there's lots of other blog entries you can read that'll catch you up for the most part). I did some notable things, made less bad decisions, and still had moments I haven't quite come to acceptance with. And that's ok- or, dare I say it- normal.

I tried to take a break from WDC for awhile to focus on other things, and I would've gotten away with it had 30DBC Creator/Founder not dropped the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS on me (curses; foiled again!). But I'm actually thankful for that, because instead of talking about 2014 and what was, I'm sitting here thinking about how cool 2015 is shaping up to be. The 30DBC is back on hopefully solid ground, thanks to an anonymous donor, and I've come up with a little surprise as well toward the end of January (which may not be much of a surprise to some, but I'm practically giddy over the possibilities *Wink*).

Tomorrow's Christmas Eve, and I won't get all sappy with y'all about it. I just hope that for everyone who reads this, you guys have a kickass holiday surrounded by love and life. Be safe, look out for your neighbors, say thank you, try not to overindulge, and enjoy. *Heart*

Blog divider.


*Giftr* This isn't a holiday song at all, but for some reason it always gets me a little around this time of year, so it's sort of a tradition form me to post it. It started many, many years ago on WDC, before blogging was even a thing. I had a "journal" item in my port (we're talkin' maybe 2002-ish) that I would share tidbits of my life in, and like I said, this song felt like Christmas to me. No matter where we are, physically or emotionally in life, we're significant and we play a role. And through that, with what we know and believe, we can create gifts that aren't always given but can easily be received. It's just as important to dream as it is to accept reality; without either neither is possible. At least, that's part of how I view this song...you can see it differently and that's ok; that's what music's all about.


"We're forced to bed,
but we're free to dream.
All us human extras;
all us herded beings."
Lyrics.  


For the blog.


*Camera* Well, I did it. I shaved off my incredibly long beard. Actually, "shaved" isn't quite the word...I had to scissor it down, and then clipper it a few times with different settings until it was an acceptable stubble. Now people want me to take a new selfie, and I promised myself awhile back #nonewselfies (hashtags = ok; selfies, not so much), but maybe once my tablet charges I'll change my mind. And if I can clear up some more port space, maybe I'll stick that new selfie in a future blog entry. Why do I need the port space? Because...

*Pencil* ...I finally accepted and made room for all of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS items, so they're all up and un-privated and functional (except for a couple of the images I determined weren't necessary...if you've used them in the past- and I don't think anyone has- I'm sorry). The forum will be slightly revamped between Christmas and January 1st, but the rules and formats will remain unchanged. Can't wait!!

*Eat* Holidays. Food. Gifts GIFs. As only Liz Lemon   could.

Alright you guys...get some sleep. Hope the fat guy with the toys is extra nice to you. Peace, the rest of the world, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


How to take the perfect selfie:
Step 1: Be hawwwwt
Step 2: Quit. #Ifailed

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836979-This-ones-about-Christmas-Eve-eve