*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836986-Mixed-blessing
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#836986 added December 24, 2014 at 2:31am
Restrictions: None
Mixed blessing
This Christmas seems stranger than most. I am learning more about what it means to celebrate Christmas in my own way of understanding. With mom is was always the wrapped up presents. For me the presents are unwrapped and able to be seen. There is nothing hidden. I even spent time telling my children what to expect from me.

I sent packages of my writing back east and felt real good about it. One of my sisters surprised me with a thank you note. I was trying to bless as I was blessed. Christmas reminds me of the joy of birth and that means I am thankful for the people that God has brought into my life. I miss people that have come and gone for whatever reason. Christmas presence means that I am learning to enjoy people that are learning to enjoy me warts and all.

This year I enjoyed trying out word games. It started with doing puzzles in the paper and has branched out into playing word with friends. I am learning the most important focus is on playing. I love words and am learning appreciation for strategy. I offer up a hearty thank you to any or all who have taken time to play a game or two with me.

It is all about relationship. I go to work and look forward to connections and come home to my wife with the same goal. I will survive the holiday. I will even enjoy the holiday, because of friends like YOU.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836986-Mixed-blessing