*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837008-Christmas-Eve
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#837008 added December 24, 2014 at 5:39pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Eve
For many of us this is Christmas Eve, and a very festive night. Tomorrow is Christmas, the day Christians, for the most part, celebrate the birth of our Savior.  For many, Christmas has become something far out of context and all messed up. For stores, it's all about making sales. For public offices, it's all about not offending anyone, and for many individuals, it's about getting presents, Santa, and gathering together with friends and family.

I have heard so many things about Christmas, but nothing yet has ruined my perspective of this holiday. I have heard that the time of year is wrong for the birth of Jesus. I have heard that this date coincides with a pagan holiday, possible a few different versions, and I have even heard that Satan himself promotes dear old Santa Clause. I have even looked into some of these things, as well as others.

No matter what, there always seems to be something wrong with these arguments, and of course, even the arguers can't agree on any one argument against Christmas. I know that in the end, it's what is in one's heart that matters. In other words, it's what a person thinks. I think the birth of a savior for all mankind requires more than one day out of the year to be remembered. In fact, in that sense, everyday is Christmas.

But, to pick out one day from the year and set it aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ is not a bad thing, and it does not matter what day is picked. Sure, it would be nice to know the exact date of His birth and celebrate it. But, I also believe that if that was important, it would be recorded in clarity within the Holy Bible.

No, the exact date isn't important. In fact, it becomes a lesson in faith by not knowing the day and hour of his birth. In faith we believe, and in faith we live our lives as unto Christ. So why not use faith to celebrate His glorious birth together with other Christians around the world. And, if those who do not believe in the person of Jesus Christ also want to celebrate this day by giving gifts and adding a touch of magic through stories of Santa and Rudolph, what harm is done?

I grew up believing in Santa, and we also always had gifts under the tree on Christmas morning, from that jolly old elf. It did nothing to repress my belief in God or His Son.  In some ways, it added magic to Christmas until I was old enough to decide for myself to believe in the Salvation of Jesus Christ.

Yes, lets keep Christ in Christmas. Yes, lets be politically correct and call the day what it is, Christmas. But, lets not push on others how they should celebrate, or argue with others what pagan days are also celebrated this time of year. I also say, to those who are offended by Christmas, be tolerant and let us have our holiday, just as you have your holidays.

Merry Christmas to all, no matter how you celebrate, or what your beliefs. My wish is for everyone to have a day filled with love and happiness tomorrow, and for all the tomorrows to come.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837008-Christmas-Eve