*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837422-FORGET-TO-LIVE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#837422 added December 31, 2014 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
FORGET TO LIVE?
Blog City Prompt: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." JK Rowlings
Do you agree with this?


I think 'dwelling on dreams' can sometimes be very destructive. I have seen so many times a restaurant, store, or garage business start up with high expectations. The guys were living their dreams, but they didn't have the proper funding or the necessary experience to make their dream work. Sometimes a year, more often a few months and the dream folded.

I have seen so many small uncompleted apartment buildings where they ran out of money. Others only got as far as a paved street and the expensive utilities before they had to quit.

What you can do and accomplish is often different from what the vision looks like in your dreams. Even about a new home. The cost and complication of that fantasy abode never gets beyond the glossy magazines and a few sketches.

Now there are those folks who are part of the one percent with their billions (more every year). They can create anything they are capable of dreaming about. And that's where the obsession about what they have is a destructive illusion for the rest of us. But don't you see, it is all based on financial wealth. They have forgotten how to live. Do you think they are really happy? Did they forget to live?

I say, change the dreams to reasonable goals. Think long-range and plan. The universe does provide, but it does not respond to cash requests.

We all live on a planet called, Earth. Love and respect are required to be able to even dream properly.

Peace...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837422-FORGET-TO-LIVE