*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837606-Day-94-of-My-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#837606 added January 2, 2015 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
Day 94 of My 95-Day Gratitude Challenge
Istiqlal (Independence), 3 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Friday, January 2, 2015
Day 94 of My 95-Day Gratitude Challenge

The Parent of all Virtues

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”
Cicero

*Coffeeg* This morning I am grateful for hot hazel nut coffee made from freshly ground whole beans. It warms me up on this cold 29 degree Las Vegas morning.

Hazel nut coffee
Sipped from my favorite cup
Drives away the desert chill

*Coffeeo* This morning I am grateful that I took the time to read Making Spiritual New Year’s Resolutions   by David Langness because it gave me some ideas for my 2015 resolutions.

New resolutions
it is time for a new soul:
spiritual transformation.

*Coffeer* This morning I am grateful that I took time to read 9 Spiritual New Year’s Resolutions   by Daivid Langness (this was his December 31, 2013 column) because it listed nine spiritual New Year's resolutions and a quote by Baha'u'llah that I need to consider everyday.

"Bring thyself to account each day ere thou art summoned to a reckoning; for death, unheralded, shall come upon thee and thou shalt be called to give account for thy deeds."
Baha’u'llah, The Hidden Words, page 11

*Coffeey* This morning I am grateful that this is Friday, January 2 and my rent isn't due until Saturday, January 3, because I can wait until it warms up a little more before going to the bank to pay the rent.

Temperature at 8:56 am was 37 degrees.

*Coffee* This morning I am grateful that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn.

It's 9:59 am and the temperature is still around 37 degrees.
I hope it gets up to at least 40 degrees before I have to leave the house.

*Coffeebl* This morning I am grateful that I have decided on my resolutions for 2015. I have decided to attempt the 9 Spiritual Resolutions listed by David Langness in his December 31, 2013 article.

9 Spiritual New Year’s Resolutions

"1. I resolve to start and end each waking day with a prayer of gratitude for my life.
2. I resolve to not just tell, but to actively show love to my entire family — the human family.
3. I resolve to work to rid myself of my prejudices – everyone has some, and we all would be better off without them.
4. I resolve to practice a period of meditation every day – it doesn’t have to be long or involved, but it has to be a consistent practice of being alone to reflect on my thoughts and feelings.
5. I resolve to commit to a goal of service to others, making at least one human life better next year than it was this year.
6. I resolve to extend myself beyond my normal social and cultural groups this year – to reach out across the racial, class and age barriers our society imposes on us and befriend someone who isn’t exactly like me.
7. I resolve to do something significant this year toward the goal of peace in the world, even if it is just a small volunteer commitment in my own community or a new attitude about dealing with conflicts in a peaceful way.
8. I resolve to actively show more kindness, not just to the people around me, but to animals, too.
9. And I resolve to see the world as a place where all of my resolutions can make others – and myself – a happier, more radiant and more spiritually-fulfilled person."


*Coffeegr* This afternoon I am grateful that I decided to make the rent payment today because now I don't have to worry about getting to the bank tomorrow before it closes.

Finding the Good

“If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.”
Harold Kushner

*Coffeep* This afternoon I am grateful that I took a chance and applied for a credit card. I don't know if I will be approved, but at least I took the chance and that is a good start to 2015.

Take a step of faith
Inhale step out without fear
It is in God's hands

*Coffeet* This evening I am thankful that I accomplished my review goal for today.

The temperature in Las Vegas at 5:56 pm is 46 degrees.

*Coffeeb* This evening I am grateful that I was able to write 1,042 words yesterday.

Strive to write
The words once written
Stay upon the page.

*Coffeeg* This evening I am grateful that I was able to make an entry in Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon  .

*Coffeeo* This evening I am grateful that I have 64 points in my Opinion Outpost account.

*Coffeer* This evening I am grateful that I have 12,000 points in MyGov.,com account.

*Coffeey* This evening I am grateful that this is Friday.

Transformation and Gratitude

“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you”
Sarah Ban Breathnack

© Copyright 2015 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837606-Day-94-of-My-95-Day-Gratitude-Challenge