*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838007-Winters-Child
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2012444
A blog tracking my journey as a writer.
#838007 added January 6, 2015 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
Winter's Child
Week 55 / Prompt 5 - Which of the four seasons suits your personality?

I know there are probably lots of websites out there that offer personality traits to match each season. But I really don't feel like using those to answer this question. Instead, I just brainstormed some words that I associate with each season and I'll use those to determine which one matches me best. Also, one thing I did this past fall was do a lot of brainstorming about the Four Elements in preparation for writing my novel. Each element has an associated season, and I'm pulling a lot from that brainstorming session to get my ideas for this.

I'd say my most suitable season for my personality would be Winter. And not because it is cold outside - I actually despise the cold. No, I think I match Winter best because Winter is a time for solitude, internal thinking, growing stronger within oneself. It is a time for creativity and self reflection. And I believe these things are central to my own personality.

I value my time alone or with a very few tight knit group of friends and loved ones. I enjoy reflecting upon my self, my day, my friends, my life, and find this to be an important part of my day. Those times that I neglect this reflection period often send me into a period of uncertainty and unbalance, as I flow from moment to moment without a proper heading and eventually find myself lost and bewildered. I need the reflection in order to ensure that my mind and my heart are on the same page with every thing I do, and I am a much more balanced and happy person when I succeed in this.

I am a very creative person with personal, solitary arts. I love knitting and writing, and both of these are things I perform alone. I love showing off my work, of course, but the creation is solitary. I consider Winter a solitary season because the cold usually keeps us from getting out and doing very much with our friends and family. The Christmas holiday of course being the exception to this rule, but then it is so early in the season to almost not be worth including with the remainder of the cold and lonely months to follow.


Spring -- New Beginnings, Fresh, Crisp, Air
Summer -- Fun, Hot, Stale, Fire
Fall -- Focused, Curious, Dying, Water
Winter -- Internal, Intuitive, Solitude, Earth

© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (UN: rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rayyna has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838007-Winters-Child