*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838661-You-Made-my-Day
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#838661 added January 15, 2015 at 2:09am
Restrictions: None
You Made my Day
I was in the midst of internal wrestling as the beginning of our shift was beginning to unravel. There had been a fire emergency the day before and I found myself in the middle of the mess. I was determining this would not happen again.
I was working as a mobile driver when all the excitement erupted, no more than fifty yard from where the scene was unfolding. I was in garage "K" and the place where the emergency was going to be my next place of patrol. I found myself racing toward the scene, thinking I was going to do something to help. It was at that point that I was caught in between trying to keep the wrong kind of traffic away from the site and getting out of the way of an increasing number of fire trucks and cars. It was at that point my supervisors were yelling at me: "get the hell out of the way" I got the message and moved on and got quite a lecture after the emergency was over. *Sad*

As you might guess there was a fire drill after the previous days fiasco. I was not the only person that was caught totally off guard. It is one thing to do drill after drill and another completely different circumstance to see the emergency to erupt with nowhere to hide. I went a good deal slower to the drill than I did to the emergency the previous day. There was no point racing into a mess. I knew this would only stir up my panic and that was not going to help anyone. When it started I did not know if it was a drill. I was determined to not be caught off guard. I looked at the post orders and went close to where I was supposed to go.

The senior mobile officer came to help me get on track. We shared back and forth and then I asked him to look at the mobile book post orders. He had been a mobile for several years, but that did not mean he was past learning. After we were done he scratched his head and shared how I had taught him something and we parted ways. The night came to a close and before we parted he said to me, "You made my day". I left hopeful. Yesterday I felt defeated and yet at the end of the shift I left buoyed. With God all things are possible!!
: *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838661-You-Made-my-Day