*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838735-Laughter-is-the-best-medicine
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#838735 added January 16, 2015 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Laughter is the best medicine
I went to my caregiving assignment a bit tired. There are two caregivers that support Jenny in taking care of her husband. I am one of them and the other person who does most of the work was needing time off. I had already been asked if I could fill in and my body, mind and wife were all saying no.

I walk in the door and Jenny is all smiles. She tells me that my prayers are probably being answered. Two new young people were being given the opportunity to help Jenny with her husband. One of the persons was a youth pastor and another a seminary student, which Jenny sees as perfect fodder. She is a former Catholic nun with a theology degree. I was a Baptist pastor and for the last year we traded laughs over whether the Catholics or Protestants were the craziest lot.

I am very sure she can not wait to see, or is it that she can not wait to see what they make of her. It is kind of like making a choice about who is visiting what planet. Are they visiting her strange world or will she find their world stranger.

I feel good about breaking the ice in reviving her Catholic past. Her main persona is a school teacher. I had a hard time winning Jenny's confidence at first. The main focus has been her Husband and beyond that it is hearing one story after another. Laura and myself have been her only caregivers in the last year and have tired. It is nice to know that a couple others will come on board. The more the merrier.
*Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838735-Laughter-is-the-best-medicine