*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838704-Who-makes-my-life-better
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2012444
A blog tracking my journey as a writer.
#838704 added January 15, 2015 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Who makes my life better?
Week 56 / Prompt 7 - Tell us about one person in your life who makes life better.

Part of me wants to discuss one or two of my close friends that have helped bolster me, especially over these past few months. And Part of me doesn't want to talk about my significant other, who I often feel like I talk about way too much. But, when I consider who is currently doing the most to make my life better right now, there is only one answer - Collin (the aforementioned significant other).

Five and a half months is all that I have known this man, and yet he has turned my life around so drastically that I simply am not sure I could live without him. I have never been happier. My friend, D, tells me that in all the time she has known me, which includes the entirety of the time I was married to my ex, she has never seen me this happy. Somehow, not even really knowing me when she attended my wedding to my previous husband, she could tell even then that we weren't right for each other. She could tell I was depressed, way back then, when I didn't even know it. But since the divorce, and now amplified with Collin at my side, I am a thousand times happier. It shows in my smile, in my attitude, and in my personality. Hell, I can now manage to take pictures of myself and actually like the way I look - which is a milestone for me.

Collin and I have fit together so well in the short few months we've been together, that we're constantly expecting something to go wrong, because it just can't be as perfect as it is. D tells me to wait and see how the second six-months go, as that's the time when you start to recognize the little things that you'll have to put up with and whether they are relationship breakers. She's right, and I know I need to be cognizant of what she tells me (wished we'd been friends just one year longer..), but I'm still in the "holy crap he's awesome" stage. Right now, I can only wish I'd known this man a decade ago.

Oh wait, am I supposed to talk about HIM? Umm.. he's tall, dark and handsome... likes video games.. learning to love board games... chivalrous, sweet, thoughtful... Yeah, that's Collin :)

© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (UN: rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rayyna has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838704-Who-makes-my-life-better