*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838979-EVER-HEAR-SILENCE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#838979 added January 19, 2015 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
EVER HEAR SILENCE?
Blog City Prompt: What is silence to you? How many kinds of silence can you name and write about?


To experience true silence, that is SILENCE as a proper noun, the entire absence of any outside sound, one would have to go far out into the desert when there is no wind or wildlife, maybe in the middle of the night. Or on a mountain, early in the morning after a heavy snowfall, sometimes there is silence. It is awe inspiring and reminds you of the immense power that surrounds us.

Working on movies, even in rural locations, if they are filming a dialogue scene with live cameras---everything waits for a high flying jet to finally pass, or a truck on a nearby highway. Any sound can be picked up by the sensitive microphones. Silence becomes highly valuable with a filming crew of 50 and a couple big stars.

Filming in a city is almost impossible to get even a moment of silence with traffic, machines, air conditioning, people moving around. That's why so much has to be dubbed in later. The sound of the ambiance recorded separately and added softly into the background of the voices.

It becomes a verb when you're told to silence someone or a noisy group.

Then there are people who are silent and never speak.

Persons in a graveyard are very silent.

When sneaking up on someone, you try to walk silently

The silence is deafening when the news media are instructed to not report about an important event because a politician might look bad.

Listen to the silence...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838979-EVER-HEAR-SILENCE