*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839312-Special-Week
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2012444
A blog tracking my journey as a writer.
#839312 added January 23, 2015 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Special Week
Week 57 / Prompt 7 - What made this week special for you?

This week was all about solid planning for myself. Not in my writing goals, that I'd done before (a second 50,000 words by April 31st, a third 50,000 words by August 31st, first draft of book finished by December 31st). ((I'm writing a fantasy..those are long.)) No, my solid planning was completed in regards to other important parts of my life.

I visited my family over the weekend, because I wanted to discuss some big ticket items with them. I wanted to make sure they had no problems with my boyfriend -- because it looks like marriage very likely. After my divorce to my ex, I'm shocked to find I've fallen in love so fast, but I have. I think I'm honestly wanting to have the married-with-kids thing, and I'm sort of running out of time for that. So, we talked about him, marriage, wedding, and babies. I hope to be pregnant in two years, which means we have to get married this year. We'd already been planning on buying a house this summer, so now we need to tack on wedding on top of that. So many big purchases this year.

Anyway, it was great to roughly plan out my next three years or so, knowing that all of it needs to happen before I hit 35. Lots to do!

We also finalized plans for our vacation this April. Bought the plane tickets and so super excited about going. We're visiting Orlando with my parents and brother. Years ago, when my brother and I were still in grade-school, our family used to take yearly summer vacations. We usually did it with my dad's side of the family (my uncle and aunt and their families, and sometimes with grandma and grandpa too). It has been years and years since we did that, however. When my brother and I left for college, those vacations pretty much stopped. Well, now that we are all back to living close to one another (not really the trigger for starting this up again, just happens to be true), we're going to start them up again. And this year is Orlando -- and HARRY POTTER WORLD!! Hehe. Danielle (and maybe Weston) might even join us, which would be awesome.

So yeah, making all these plans is just making me feel really good this week. The stress of wedding planning isn't hitting me yet. Hell, he hasn't even proposed yet. But he does know I'm going to start planning the thing for reals probably before he proposes. He's okay with this. It's hella odd, but.. honestly we don't have all that much time. Last time I planned a wedding I took over a year. I don't have that this time. And really.. I just need to solidify the date and then I can relax again. >_>

© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (UN: rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rayyna has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839312-Special-Week