*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840019-The-Big-game
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#840019 added February 1, 2015 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
The Big game
Here I am. I find myself wondering what it even means to have a big game. This weekend it is the super bowl and you would think that the rapture or second coming of Christ is on the way by the banter that weaves in and out leaving one confused about who should win and why it even matters. I finally got to the point I found myself wondering what will the winning of a game mean to a troubled world. *Confused*

Tickets alone are much more than the average person can afford. One of the latest articles said that you can get tickets for ten thousand dollars. I can not help wondering how all that money could help the poor in our country if not the world.

But here I am right or wrong rooting for the Patriots to win. It is all because I was born in Boston which was the name of the team before they became New England. The bottom line is that a team will win and be called the best and if It was not for the opposition this could not be possible. The only sure thing is one team and it's fans will know disappointment.

I found myself listening to Christian music more than usual. Maybe something good can happen if I get closer to God. If my team wins I will get absolutely nothing. I will say I won, but in the grand scheme I have not provided a cent of the millions of dollars that is needed to run a team. They in turn, whoever is the winner will not give me even a cent, winning will have to be good enough. In the world of sports there is no spirituality or God just winning. Something to think about. I took time interviewing various persons. There are actually many people who could give a damn about the dumb game. One guy from India does not even know how to play.
My sister, the nurse has no interest and my wife could care less, except as it might affect me.
Guess what my blog will be on tomorrow: the result of the super bowl.

I will also see my grandsons tomorrow. I will see where that rates.
Good night!!
*RollEyes*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840019-The-Big-game