*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840147-HEAR-THE-MUSIC
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#840147 added February 2, 2015 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
HEAR THE MUSIC!
Blog City Prompt: Do you think music has a magical effect on the mind? How?


I don't think the effect is magical, although sometimes it appears so. I believe we are wired to respond to sounds of all kinds. They are finding that even our DNA contains the structure of language, the basis of all communications.

Music, especially rhythms, effects human kinetic senses and demand that the body responds. As you see in almost all cultures there is dance or some kind of rhythmic movement.

The use of instruments and human voices is developed to an extraordinary level of complexity. The Western world is different from the Eastern worlds as far as sounds and styles. Comfort depends where you grew up. As children learn language(s) at a very early age, they also develop nerve pathways that are strengthened for the music they hear everyday. It's possible that infants still in the womb are responding to music and sounds.

My experience includes years of piano lessons, then years of composing background music for theater productions, then television production. When I moved I had to give up my keyboards. (miss them)

When combined with images the effect is where the magic happens. In good films, one is rarely aware of the music although it is enhancing the emotional or dramatic effect on your mind. Of course for the composer, it is a calculated, designed intention that it will have that effect.

For producers, directors, composers, choreographers---music is one of the most powerful tools.

Listen to the sounds...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840147-HEAR-THE-MUSIC