*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840230-life-and-death
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#840230 added February 3, 2015 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
life and death
I am contemplating the life and death issue through the palette of football. Mom and Dad have left and yet their spirits are never far away. As I was heading back to Kansas City in 2002 we had the Patriots game on the tv, knowing that my family would never see dad alive again. In the midst of it all the once hapless Patriots were in the process of winning their first super bowl. How appropriate! They were dad's favorite team to watch and the person he liked to watch most was the quarterback.

Fast forward to October of 2014.
Mom loves her Tom Brady and even has a teddy bear with his uniform number on his chest. She loved her Patriots. Just yesterday the Patriots won the super bowl. In a strange sense Mom and Dad found their own way to share with us the gift of celebration. I cared little about sports. I was a nerd in High school. I could not help noticing that watching football with dad was a way of making a meaningful connection.
Life and death teaches me that we can learn that their is life after death and even in the midst of death a light that leads to knowing hope where no hope seemed to dwell before.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840230-life-and-death