*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840313-Stylin-whilen-livin-it-up-in-the-city-with-Mark-Ronson
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#840313 added February 27, 2015 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Stylin', whilen, livin' it up in the city with Mark Ronson
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "Uptown Funk"
Artist: Mark Ronson
Album: Uptown Special

I dare you to not tap your feet or bob your head to this song! *Laugh* Up until recently, anyone outside the United Kingdom (and maybe even quite a few inside the country) might only recognize Mark Ronson as the vaguely musical older brother of fashion designer Charlotte Ronson and Lindsay-Lohan-pseudo-lesbian-DJ-pal Samantha Ronson, but this song put him on the map as a star in his own right. The song hit #1 on both UK and US singles chart, thanks in no small part to having Bruno Mars on vocals, and holds the record for being the all-time most streamed track in the UK during a single week (2.49 million steams for the week of 12/28/14), soundly trumping the previous record of 2.34 millions streams set by... himself, the week prior. It's also been a #1 hit in Australia, Canada, Ireland, France, and New Zealand.

I admit that I don't really have much of a personal connection to this song; I just really, really like it. A colleague of mine pointed me to the performance on Saturday Night Live, which is the first time I heard it. As if the song needed any more momentum, this video   of a teacher and his students dancing to the song went viral when it was first uploaded a little over a week ago, and is already closing in on ten million views. *Shock*

It's been a long time since we've had a funk/disco-inspired song make it into the mainstream; it's great to hear this unique sound coming back. *Smile*



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840313-Stylin-whilen-livin-it-up-in-the-city-with-Mark-Ronson