*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840428-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#840428 added February 4, 2015 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
I managed to get something in here through my days off, but I still did not get the time I would have really liked. I had three days off, again. For now, that's normal, but it could very easily change to one day off a week at any time. That's why I've been kind of pushing for more of my time off going to what I want, instead of what it should.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked, and once again I had to drive into work and spend a few hours on site, training this time, but again without pay. It's the downside of the job. Normally this wouldn't be required very often, but it seems I've been cursed to have at least one problem child on the site at any given time. For example, most of my time I put in while off from work, is for disciplinary actions.

This past Monday, it wasn't. It was a nice change, not to have to chew someone's butt for something. Also, considering the amount of training, and time this person has worked, it was kind of expected. It would be one of the normal times that call me in on my off duty time.

Unfortunately, however, I'm going in quite often to deal with problems and corrections. Next Monday is already booked, in fact. It started out at five this morning, I received a call from the store stating the opening guard did not show up. I tried calling him but was directed straight to voicemail. Therefore it was a quick wake-up, get dressed, and just as I was heading for the door, I was called and informed he had just showed up.

This afternoon I checked online, to see how the problem child was doing. Normally he's running late, and as of last week, is on his final warning. Now, he's clocking in fifteen to twenty minutes before his shift. This is not allowed, and he has been told. Of course, it's like talking to a brick, and I don't see any possibility for change. He's either going to be early or he's going to be late. Even so, I have to go in, on my day off and talk to him about not clocking in more than five minutes before his shift.

Also, my boss called, but today it was something positive. I may be able to pick up some extra hours doing some escort services for the company. No, not that kind of escort. This is a security escort and may pay pretty good. I wasn't able to get much for details yet, but it sounds promising.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840428-Wednesday