*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840329-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#840329 added February 3, 2015 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Watching Jesse Stone tonight, but took a break to bake up some cookies. Actually, I'm writing this and my wife is baking the cookies now. Once she finishes the next batch, it's back to the boob-tube to finish our movie.

I spent a good part of the afternoon setting up some apps on my cell phone, and trying to get my email to work. The apps were no problem, just had to find them, download, and then make a few setting changes. What was the most time-consuming was finding an app that would work with my pop3 mail service and getting it to work.

I tried a few, including Outlook, but they just did not work. They should have, but I couldn't get anyplace with them. They just would not connect. I tried the help desk provided by my internet provider since they also provide my primary email, but I have not heard anything back yet. This in itself is an indicator of the provider and the service. Unfortunately, they are the only choice we have in this area.

I did manage to get it to work, finally, but not with any of the apps that should have been top on the list. Instead, I used Gmail. Yes, gmail. I also have a Gmail account, and I have their app on my android. It works great and is included with the phone. I was waiting on the help desk, and while I waited, I looked at the settings in the Gmail app, and it had an "add account" button, so I clicked it and followed it through.

It had the means to make all the needed adjustments, and after a few tries, I had my incoming server up and ready to go. It took a bit more to find the proper security protocol for the outgoing server, but I eventually hit the right choice and it too connected. I tried it out, and received my mail, but I have yet to try and send anything.

I can't believe it, six hours and still no response from the help desk. I suppose they will call me tomorrow~

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840329-Tuesday