*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840466-snow
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#840466 added February 5, 2015 at 1:58am
Restrictions: None
snow
on the way to work I went off the road and soon after was going to stop at a stop sign and my car decided it was doing it's own thing. I am thankful that I am safe. I was called a couple hours and told that I needed to leave my house early because of a snow storm that was already in progress. The bigger problem was the icy conditions underneath. I came to work to share that I was from Massachusetts where all the snow was. I heard from others that having less snow was more hazardous than having a lot of snow. I had to chew on that for a while. Massachusetts was in the jaws of about four feet of snow in places. We were lucky to get an inch or two in Kansas City. I do agree about the hazardous conditions. I learned that early on. When you are on a hill and trying to go down a hill, it does not matter how much snow you have. On the way to work there were a lot of people going snail pace and cars off the road who had decided to see what happened if they went fast.

I was reminded of a trip from Kansas City to Massachusetts in a blizzard about thanksgiving time in 2004. The snow falling on me made me think I was driving at warp speed. I noticed that I was able to go fairly quick and fast as I watched cars ahead of me battling the elements. I love to play in snow and am more likely to drive carefully in snow. I am getting older and wiser. Even so that does not keep me from going through stop signs or off the road. By God's grace I go forward and celebrate a faith that can make me whiter than snow, if I am smart enough to confess my sin and see how God can help me to overcome. I may go by the side of the road or through a stop sign. God's grace shows me that help is on the way.
*Cool*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840466-snow