*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840543-According-to-you-with-Orianthi
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(131)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#840543 added February 27, 2015 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
According to you with Orianthi
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "According to You"
Artist: Orianthi
Album: Believe

Orianthi is probably better known in her native Australia than she is here in the states, but she's often considered to be one of the best female guitarists in the world. She's been playing the guitar since she was six (and started the piano when she was three), and has a long list of professional accomplishments including playing her first stage show for Steve Vai at the age of fifteen, followed by jamming with Carlos Santana at a sound check (and subsequently being asked to join him on stage) when she was eighteen. She was Carrie Underwood's lead guitarist during the 2009 Grammys and was subsequently asked to join Underwood's band full time. Once news of her electric guitar talents got around, she became the lead guitarist for Michael Jackson's ill-fated "This Is It" tour. She performed at his memorial and has since toured with several acts, most notably for a three year stint as Alice Cooper's lead guitarist.

If you have any doubts about her ability to completely shred an electric guitar, watch the music video for "According to You," or check out this video   of her shredding Michael Jackson's "Bad" (which is what landed her a spot on the This Is It Tour).

I've always loved the electric guitar, and I'm in complete awe of people who can play such complicated sounds so effortlessly. Oh yeah, and she's also a pretty decent singer. *Pthb*



© Copyright 2015 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840543-According-to-you-with-Orianthi