*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840644-Day-6-Challenge--Core-Beliefs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#840644 added February 6, 2015 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Day 6 Challenge: Core Beliefs
I am going to play with tags in this post...Hope it works.


My muse for this prompt is Siobhan Falen . She is a gem. You can tell she is very family oriented when you read this prompt….


What three qualities do you think contribute to a couple's success or downfall? And why.


No. 1: Fiscal responsibility. Telling you, more fights over the wasteful spending than any other. I don’t care if you are flat out broke all the time, if you are careful in your spending, you can get through anything. If you rather gamble, smoke, drink, etc. than feed your family, believe me they don’t need your drag on their survival. But careful spending even if you are flat broke, you get closer. You just do.


No. 2: Vows. I got married in a church and I got it very clear that a vow is more than a promise. A promise is fine for some, but a covenant is something deeply spiritual and it mattered to me. When you think of marriage as a promise, it is easily broken. If you think of marriage as a vow or commitment, you work harder, love harder and try harder. You just are less likely to walk away.


No. 3: Religion or lack of it. There is a phrase tossed about called Unequally Yoked. It references back to a team of oxen having to be equally yoked because they are stronger together. If one is stronger than the other, it creates a crooked row to the side of the weaker side. You can last for a while with the stronger carrying most of the burden, but soon the life will be sucked out of the strong one who has to do the majority of the work. It just does not work. Like anything, maybe for a while the stronger one can take it, but in the end, you look back at the crooked rows and realize all that work was for nothing. It is better to have two that are equally yoked so that one can steady the other through the hard pull.





I sent out two challenge requests. I chose Siobhan’ because it was doable in the time left in this day and also because these are core beliefs for me and I could put them down on e-paper without effort. The other challenge will get done, it will just take longer than the time I have left. Vincent Coffin prompt was more a story prompt and my brain is still chasing it down. I have a bead on a story and I want to do it justice, and am not willing to do a throw-away story on his idea.






© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840644-Day-6-Challenge--Core-Beliefs