*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840686-Day-7-Blog-challenge-Prompt-included
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#840686 added February 7, 2015 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Day 7: Blog challenge. Prompt included
Day 7: Did you ever get really drunk and do sumthink stoopid? Tell the truth …(or lie)


Um, yes.


My college roommate and I were in the pep band and had a habit of going to the Albatross before basketball games. We usually only had a couple and would head off to the basketball game, play with the pep band and go party some more afterwards. We both were kicked off the band when we came to one of the last games of the season blurry eyed, stoopid talking and playing off key. It was a train wreck. Mr. Bill, the conductor, was more than upset. The other band members were entertained, wonder what we did that did not amuse Mr. Bill.


That’s not the most stoopid one, the most stoopid would ruin my pristine reputation, not to mention I can’t remember much of it. Let’s just say that I wished I were dead and tried to drown myself in a toilet. That’s when a very good friend told me I drank too much. I said, I could quit any time I wanted. She told, “Prove it”. So I did. Cold turkey. No regrets.


I still have a tiddley every now and again, but the days of going for a bender are over. These days, any mood-altering substance does not mix well with the medication I take, add in that the hubby does not like it either.


So that’s the story and I’m sticking to it.




© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840686-Day-7-Blog-challenge-Prompt-included