*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840773-Catching-UP
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#840773 added February 7, 2015 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Catching UP
"If you don't don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." George Harrison Do you agree?

I went on a 3 week road trip with my husband. In the early days of our marriage (now arriving at 42 years) I did the navigating by holding up the atlas or fold out map with the pre-planned route in color. The paper type maps we used or the atlas allowed one to see the begining and the end of the trip. Very nice for those of us navigating.
Now days its a bit different. When I planned his trips for him I printed out the map quest with the hi lighted route and the written directions. That was great until I traveled with him and couldn't do that. The WAZE he uses gives him directions from some far away planet, inhabited by a crazed maniac that loves to plan a route that is neither the most direct or fastest.
When you have never been to the destination before, any road the strange woman speaking from the phone tells you to go, is supposed to get you there.  When I'm able to zoom out on the map and see the whole route to its final destination, I can reroute as we go. Not so with the insane woman who keeps yelling, " Make a left/right then another Left/right" until you are back on the wrong street following her turning instructions.


FEB 6th 
  I'm going easy on ya this time. Make a list of 15 things/elements of your favorite television program and place them in italics in your blog as part of your conversation with us. Don't tell us the name of the show but you can include locations, common phrases used in the show. Let's see how many of us can guess correctly. Kind of like playing charades but blog style.          

I can't make a conversation using these things so I will just list them for you.  Please don't google until you are sure you dont know.

An uncle estranged from the family has left his antique shop to his niece and nephew.

They are joined by their uncle's friend and occultist

"The cup of Time"
"Read my lips"
"Cupids Quiver"
"Root of all Evil"  to name just a few episodes

Revenge for the soul that was lost
Cutting edge for the time, pushed the violence envelope and only lasted 3 amazing seasons.
The director and actors had ties to a movie with the same name

Had a sister site here on WDC, (One of my favorite places to visit and use for inspiration)
I would love to resurrect this series, but others have done so already, just not enough story to my liking.
The series was nominated twelve times for writing, editing, directing, production design, acting, sound and music in Canada.


/font}

© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840773-Catching-UP