*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839590-NP--this-is-just-a-catch-up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#839590 added January 26, 2015 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
NP this is just a catch-up

I'm sorry none of the prompts I was able to read caught my interest.  I left week two of Jan with my husband on a trip to the South. An hour or so south of Atlanta to start with.  From there it snowballed and we were on the road for three weeks.
I saw a lot of country I that I'd not seen before as well as passing through some familiar places.  As we had to take a sudden side trip to Ashland, KY I realized that this was close to the area I'd used as a setting for my novel. The hills were a little smaller than I'd expected. I'm from the Pacific Northwest where mountains abound. What are mountains to some are more like hills to me.
I also learned to pronounce Appalachaien correctly. I said it with a long -l-A-chein.  Its more the A in Latte.  Something new all the time.
Life is about growing. In the last three weeks I've had a wonderful time touring the area between Atlanta, GA, Memphis, TN and Indianapolis, then to Baltimore where we drove to The Amish country (we checked up on the quilt we ordered) and back home. I learned what to pack and what not to pack next time. I'm skipping his next trip, whenever it is, and will go out another time.

On January 20th my novel was published in e-book format. Insomnia-Publishing out of NH is now working on the paperback release.  I know I've had short stories published in the past six years. The fact they were chosen and published gives me a great feeling, and to say "I'm published."  What has really made me proud and amazed at the same time is the response to the book. Now I get to hear from those who have read it. They have no reason to lie or tell me they liked it when they didn't. These people (I'm surprised at those who are reading it) say they love the story and can't wait to get back to reading it. Some have sat down and read it all at once. Others its taken a few days. That in itself tells me the story is holding their interest.
Last night a gentleman leaned over the pew at church and said, "Wow, I'm sitting behind a real author." Then in a couple of minutes he said, "After reading about the hoarder, I had to go and start cleaning my closet."  We both laughed. He's reading my book! This guy is a few years older than I am and has poor eyesight. Beside the fact he is very narrow minded about what he reads. I don't think he will be too shocked. I don't use bad words or have sex in my book.(Sorry people its about characters not sex) If he gives me a thumbs up then I really have made the cut with the very religious!
Its not a religious book at all.

I'm hoping to get a little vacation in Mar for the two of us that has no work or driving involved. Just reading, relaxing and playing. I'll catch-up on the next book I'm working on.


© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839590-NP--this-is-just-a-catch-up