*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840780-Evangelism
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#840780 added February 8, 2015 at 1:49am
Restrictions: None
Evangelism
Much of my time was spent on reading about evangelism. The context was a textbook on missions that I almost finished. At one point he offered his own take on evangelism. In a class that the author taught he let students from other cultures who had never heard of the gospel testify about how they came to the faith. The overriding truths were that it more than often took time, from 6 months to ten years in most cases. Therefore there is an investment in relation to the first evangelist to the community that nurtured and was available.

I look at this and feel vastly inadequate. I want desperately to believe in such a way I want others to know about Christ as I do. I settle for living a life that share that Christ cares and wants others to know that they know what it means to be safe. It is out of these truths that my understanding of evangelism comes. I want others to know God cares for them in spite of themselves. God loves me, how can I not want others to know about this all embracing love.
*Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840780-Evangelism