*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840900-EXCESS-IS-NECESSARY
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#840900 added February 9, 2015 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
EXCESS IS NECESSARY?
Blog City Prompt: Anais Nin said: “Something is always born of excess: great art was born of great terrors, great loneliness, great inhibitions, instabilities, and it always balances them.”
Do you think emotional excess is necessary for creativity and writing?


Absolutely! Great art has always come from fear, love, loss of love, terrible secrets, vengeance, jealousy, revenge, triumph over adversity, and on and on.

Milder, gentler creations are appreciated, but not always considered great art. Then there is humor and comedy that brings a smile or a laugh. Sometimes more important to well being than all the dramatic stuff, especially for children.

The other element within creative art is whether it is truthful. Excess for the sake of trying to achieve greatness is not cool. Especially when the excess is deliberately employed to influence book sales and ratings. Tacky! (Has Madonna lost her mind?)

The volume of material that is published is beyond imagination. What the agencies and PR firms think up to promote their product usually has little to do with reality other than to create desire. You might say we live in a world of created illusions.

A successful fiction story is an illusion that feels believable and credible. One of the keys to great art, I believe. If a story can carry your imagination along, you might not even realize the talent and skill that put your mind there.

Can you see behind the illusion? Can you create illusion?

Write on...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840900-EXCESS-IS-NECESSARY