*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841138-True-love-with-Pnk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#841138 added February 27, 2015 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
True love with P!nk
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "True Love"
Artist: P!nk ft. Lily Allen
Album: The Truth About Love

The most difficult part of today's blog post wasn't choosing the artist, but figuring out which one of her songs to feature since she's had so many hits over her fifteen year career. I've been a fan of P!nk's since "Most Girls" and "You Make Me Sick" from her Can't Take Me Home album released way back in 2000. Since then, she's had at least one hit I've really liked (and listened to on repeat for days) from each of her albums. In a lot of cases, it's been more than one song. I really like the fact that she hit it big around the same time as other female pop artists but has a distinctive edge to her work that doesn't make her sound like a carbon copy of everyone else. I also love that her songs are mainstream but speak to the outsiders and rebels in society much more than they speak to conformists.

It's clearly not just counterculture that likes her music, though; she's sold over 135 million albums worldwide and can count three Grammys, six MTV VMAs, and Billboard's recognition as their Pop Songs Artist of the Decade. She routinely sells out her concerts and earns $1 million+ per show when she's touring.

I particularly like this song of hers because the video is really fun and clearly shows how much she loves her husband Carey Hart. Even though the song's lyrics about knowing it must be true love when someone knows just how to drive you crazy can apply to pretty much anybody, I think it's especially fitting for the two of them who were married, separated, reconciled, and are now raising a daughter together. Fun fact: she actually proposed to him by writing "Will You Marry Me? I'm serious!" on a pit board during one of his motocross races. He actually didn't see the sign his first lap but veered off the track to accept on his next time around. She then made him finish the race because she said she didn't want to marry a loser. *Laugh*

It's pretty hard for me to listen to this song and not reflect on my own life and how much my wife and I both love each other and get on each other's nerves from time to time. Any relationship has its give and take, and when you know someone long enough, they know exactly how to press your buttons. But it's also because you love someone that they drive you so crazy when you fight or argue with them. I have a feeling anyone who's been in a long term relationship can probably identify with this song. *Wink*



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841138-True-love-with-Pnk