*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841412-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#841412 added February 14, 2015 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I actually am in here a bit early today. Well, not early, it's about four-thirty in the afternoon here is South Dakota. But, compared to the last few days, this is early.

It was a beastly day today, as far as the weather goes. It started out about seventeen degrees above zero, but it was terribly windy, making a wind chill factor around twenty-five, to thirty below zero. Then, instead of warming up today, the temperature dropped. The gal on the radio claimed it was warming up, but I'm not buying into it.

To my way of thinking, when it's seventeen degrees above zero at four o'clock in the morning, and it's only two degrees at three o'clock in the afternoon, it hasn't warmed up any. However, it did hit a negative two or three degrees about one o'clock this afternoon, then it climbed up enough to get above zero, about two degrees, by three in the afternoon. But, by four, it was back down to zero, and it will dip below zero as evening sets in.

After dark, it's supposed to warm up some, and snow. The amount is uncertain, as is normal. They really do a great job of making sure the public understands that they really don't have a clue. I think the forecasts were more accurate when I was a kid, and that was quite a few years ago. Come tomorrow morning, we'll see how many inches of flurries we get.

Anyway, besides the weather, today was a pretty good day. It was kind of busy at work, but that's normal. If the weather is nice out, we tend to be slower, but the worse the weather is, the more yard traffic we see. There are the regulars that come through almost every day and, of course, there are bound to be some shoppers out no matter what the weather. What I'm talking about is the people who are there to pick up stuff that could easily wait for another day.

I'm sure many of them are out just to show they are tough enough to handle the bad weather. It's like the guy who was bragging that a little snow doesn't slow down a south Dakota driver. this was commented during a blizzard, and the guy was correct, or at least in a general way he was.

There are many drivers who fly right on by, no matter if the roads are icy, snow covered, or if the visibility is crap. I've been passed while driving in near white-out conditions. Seriously, I could barely make out the road in front of me, and some idiot will pull out and fly by like it's a nice day. Those are the people this guy was talking about, and there are a lot of them around here.

It explains why there is at least one body shop for every one hundred people, in every town. And, that's not counting the people who do their own work, or have a buddy who can do it. It also explains why there are always vehicles in the ditch, and why about every tenth vehicle I meet is dinged up.

So, where was I? Oh, I was saying how it was a bit busier at work today than on most Saturdays. Yeah, the nasty weather brings out the idiots. But, other than having an abundance of idiots out today, it was a pretty good day. I got home early, since I did my Valentine's shopping earlier. I had lunch and did my Bible study, then looked around a bit online. I thought about logging in here, but I knew I would end up getting side tracked and I still needed to get my exercise routine done, so I went upstairs and took care of that.

After a good hour of working out, I needed a shower. That was next on the list, and I enjoyed a long, hot shower. After, I poured myself a cup of coffee, logged in here, and got myself busy writing this. Now, my coffee is getting cold, and it's getting to be about time to start dinner. I want to have a nice dinner ready when Rhonda gets home, just because she's my Valentine.


© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841412-Saturday