*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841320-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#841320 added February 13, 2015 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I had plans of getting a lot done this afternoon, but instead I seem to have run out of afternoon and still have some of the stuff left to do. I did get most of the stuff done, but not quite all of it. And, one of them was getting in here and spending some time. Instead, I have just enough time to get an entry done and then its time to move on.

It was a work day, and a pretty nice day out. After work, I did a bit of shopping for my Valentine, then headed home. Once I was home, had the dogs out, and ready to start my afternoon, I got online for a few minutes and checked mail. Next, I went upstairs to spend some time on the Gazelle Glider. Once I had my exercise done, it was time for dinner. I had some leftover soup, a hamburger, and wanted to cook up some brown rice.

I figured I would make a full pot of rice, since I've been eating quite a bit lately. Being hungry, I kind of hurried the rice so I could eat it with my soup and burger. It was done, but still just a bit tough. Also, there was still a bit of water left in the bottom of the pan. So, I figured I would let it simmer a bit longer while I logged into MyFitnessPal and logged my food.

Only, I couldn't find the soup. It was in the database, and I even had it recorded in my diary on Sunday and Monday. But today I could not find it. I searched and found another vegetable soup that was close, and logged that in its place. But, while searching and logging, it seems my rice got a bit dry.

I didn't notice until I smelled something. It kind of smelled like singed hair, and it took a minute to realize what the smell was originating from, scorched rice. I hurried to the kitchen and grabbed the pan off the burner, then put it in the sink and turned the water on. Knowing that the pan would be extremely hot under the burnt rice, I just drizzled some water in to start things cooling.

I was out of the way when the water contacted the bottom and a huge cloud of steam billowed up from the sink. With the water still turned on very low, I carefully turned the faucet so more water would run into the pan, and soon it was cooled down some. I let it sit and soak while I moved on to other things.

Right before Rhonda called after work, I went to see how much damage I had done. I scraped the rice out, and did my best to loosen the black carbon from the bottom. After I had removed as much as I could, I poured enough lemon juice into the pan to cover the bottom, and let it soak while I worked on yet another project.

After Rhonda called, I went back to the task of cleaning up the pan, and with a lot of elbow-grease and a scouring pad, I have it all cleaned up. Next on my list was the next schedule, which I just finished and printed. With that done, I figured I better get this written while I have the chance. Now, it sounds like Rhonda is home and it's time for me to go.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841320-Friday