*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841955-Sitting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#841955 added February 20, 2015 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Sitting
I was at my caregiving assignment today. One of the main reasons for being there was so the wife of the client could get some dental work done. One thing lead to another. We were a little bit late getting through with tasks and then her car battery did not work. She then inundated me with expectations. In this case it was the white need to be painted chair I needed to sit on until she got back. She made sure that the dog knew she was to be good.

She finally left, long after she was needing to be there. I was left sitting on a very uncomfortable white chair. I sat and I sat. At one point the dog got up in my lap and was quite content. She was surprised that the dog was so good for me. The dog had been abused before she took her as her own.

I continued to sit for about three hours. I did word puzzles and perused a book. I was glad to take my kindle with me, even if I did not have her internet password. I was reminded of all the times I have had to wait. I am sitting waiting. The person with Alzheimer's keep living beyond understanding. Maybe in his own way he sits and waits until death comes to take him away.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841955-Sitting