*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842075-Day-21-Challenge--Message-to-Mini-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#842075 added February 21, 2015 at 9:02am
Restrictions: None
Day 21 Challenge: Message to Mini Me
Day 21 Prompt for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge" : Imagine that today is your birthday. If you could give yourself a call on a past birthday of yours, what would you tell yourself?





I don’t know that I would make that call. It would change everything about me.


Can you imagine what life would be like if I called myself up and said,


         “Don’t wear the cruel shoes, you will fall flat on your face in a crowded hallway.”


         “Accept that date with Vincent, so what if he is from Romania, be nice.”


         “Be patient, there is this guy named Tom who will be perfect for you.”


         “You will get tagged for speeding at that corner and you can’t afford it.”


         “Don’t send that letter, you are burning bridges that cannot be rebuilt.”


         “Take chances, speak your mind, laugh more.”


How different would my life be if I called myself up and said, avoid this person, skip that one, bump accidentally into that one, sing in public, dance like there’s no tomorrow…


So in the scheme of things, I would not make that phone call about the warnings or temptations. There is only one thing that would need to be said and that would be to my 16-year-old self. I would say: “Young lady, every decision you make from now and for the next ten years will be life decision. You will only get one chance and the decision will affect you for the rest of your life. So make good choices.” And then I would have to put my fingers in my ears and start singing “la, la, la ….” Before I started telling everything I know and scare the heebie jeebies out of mini me.


On second thought, I would warn me about the cruel shoes. Most definitely warn me about the cruel shoes.



© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842075-Day-21-Challenge--Message-to-Mini-Me