*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842565-Last-prompt-before-the-battle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#842565 added February 26, 2015 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
Last prompt before the battle
Prompt for February 26, 2015: Write to the senses of taste, smell, sight, and texture... Make and serve us a sample of your favorite drink, be it what may.





One of my favorite drinks in called "Fuzzy Naval" it is for those over 21yrs.





Take a tall drinking glass and set it in the freezer while you collect the needed items. It will give the glass a nice chill that, for me, helps blend it all just right. If it is as nice to you as is it is to me, you will enjoy a sweet juice with just the right bite. The perfect drink for detoxing after work while you read a romantic book or watch an intense movie.





You will need:


Orange Juice


Light peach flavored liquor (most commonly used is Peach shnobs, but I use Peach Smirnoff)


( If planned ahead; a nice enhancer is OJ ice cubes)





Original:





Mix it to a 50:50 ratio (the less liquor you can handle to more OJ and less Peach, for the stronger effect go the other way)





It will develop into a dark orange or light brown color, and the smell of the fruits will out weight the liquor. This gives the comfort of an ordinary fruit drink to those in the room. Beware though it is sneaky. It will seem as if there is no affect, give it time to settle in the system and the affects will there.





It can be served from ice cold to room temperature, but taste is vastly changed if allowed to get too warm. In my opinion it goes from a mellow, relaxing drink to a punishment only fit for death row inmates of violent crimes against the young.








Preferred:





Gather the supplies needed while the glass is in the freezer and after you are sure the OJ cubes are ready for use. Hopefully the liquor has been chilled too.





Pour the glacier clear Peach Smirnoff into 3/4 of a 2 quart picture, fill the rest with the liquid sunshine colored OJ and finally. Than remove your drinking glass from the freezer and pour yourself the desired amount. When you put the picture in the fridge also get the OJ cubes and place (1) cube for every (2) finger deep in drinking glass.


(If you place your hand on the table along the glass and it does not clear your fourth finger only use (1) cube)


Replace the cube holder back in the freezer.


Find the perfect book or movie, sit down, get comfortable and take that first slow sip.





The chilled glass will absorb the roughness of the day as that sweet fruit aroma whispers away the long work day. As the zesty but sweet brook of the drink awakens your taste buds and begins to minimize the harshness of the day, it will continue to travel down your throat with an ever so slite warming sensation that will lull you into the evening calm that will prepare you for the very peaceful evening you are about to experience.


Fill free to repeat & refill as often as you'd like, but mind the sneakiness of the drink. If you have properly savored the drink giving respect to the slow crawl of the liquor, than when evening as faded into night and the bed is calling for your companionship. It will be a full and restful slumber.





Enjoy in good health and always be responsible when drinking.






© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842565-Last-prompt-before-the-battle