*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842604-WHAT-IS-ON-THE-WALL
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#842604 added February 26, 2015 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
WHAT IS ON THE WALL?
Blog City Prompt: What items do you put on your walls? Posters, pictures? I am curious.


I used to have walls with paintings (mostly mine), now they are in storage as I am on a 45' sail boat that really doesn't have blank walls. There are registration with Port Authority, Rule & Regulations, Captain's License, Radio License, GPS, Radar, and lots of small, narrow windows. The desktop on my computer has more stuff than the walls of the boat.

I love big walls and big paintings. Maybe someday that will happen again after this adventure is completed. I also like theater production posters and movie posters. I have many year's worth rolled up in a trunk in Wyoming (waiting for a wall).

In a lot of folk's homes, I've noticed that a very big television screen sort of replaces the primary visual, and the same in the bedroom. And in the meantime, their eyes are filled with visuals from their tablet or phone. Walls are not important and they used to be. What a world we live in!

In a lot of Caribbean homes, the walls are large windows with views of the sea and gardens. That is beautiful as well.

Something else just came up: The FCC will vote Thursday (02/26/2015) morning to reclassify the Internet as a public utility. While this drastic change is being sold to the public as a solution to ensure net neutrality, the end game is total control.  Be aware of how the walls are closing in.

To each their own...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842604-WHAT-IS-ON-THE-WALL