*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842693-Becoming-the-enemy-with-of-Verona
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842693 added February 27, 2015 at 4:01am
Restrictions: None
Becoming the enemy with of Verona
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "The Enemy"
Artist: of Verona
Album: The White Apple

I can't take credit for finding this artist on my own... my wife has been a fan of Mandi Perkins way back when she was a solo artist trying to get noticed on the MySpace music scene. I always thought her music was okay; she's got a great voice, but none of her songs really jumped out at me. Then she teamed up with Dillon Pace and Jeff Sojka, and things just clicked for me with their new sound. I really like their combination of elegant lyrics and industrial sound in this song. Their tracks have been featured in a variety of television shows, this one as well as "Castles" and "Dark in My Imagination."

I'm not usually a fan of indie artists; it's not that I can't appreciate their music, it's just that an awful lot of them seem whiny and brooding and I never have the patience to wander through three dozen new artists just to find one song I kind of like. But this is one band that I'll follow, and every time I listen to their music it reminds me that I really should be trying indie musicians more often because they can have really unique, interesting sounds that you don't get with just another Taylor Swift or Katy Perry or Maroon 5 album.



© Copyright 2015 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842693-Becoming-the-enemy-with-of-Verona