*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842768-Day-27-Homage-to-the-Mighty-Ant
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#842768 added February 27, 2015 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
Day 27: Homage to the Mighty Ant
Prompt One:





You are an ant. You look like an ant. You live in an ant colony with other ants. You think like an ant, and you do whatever it is that ants do every day.





There is one difference though... You will have to write a blog entry like an ant.





The prompt is...What do I like/hate about being an ant.





Oh, and one more thing... Write all of your responses to any other blog prompts you write on, from an ant's point of view.


Don't forget! You're an ant!
Before I start, I seek forgiveness because Brother Joel is inflicting this entry on you. He is overworked and not thinking straight. When one monkey runs amuk, we all go down one by one. (It's a Canadian saying) So this is what I came up with, such as it is. It doesn't suck too bad.





Must have food. This worm is so heavy. It won’t stop moving. It is a struggle to get it to the nest. And what’s worse, is the humans are watching us. Just watching and making sounds.


I know humans from the tales told from the ancestors. So many of our kind get annihilated by those creatures. They stomp on us and destroy the food for no good reason. Mama, the Queen, said they tease us relentlessly. They put the food out and then get mad when we take the offering. So many lost from this bullying. Mama Q said to stay with the traditional food, for we have lost too many to the mean hands and the heavy foot of a human.


One time Mama Q found a human just lying on the ground not moving. She ordered me and the rest of the army in to take what we could. That was a tease. Once upon the quarry, the human leaped up. Many soldiers died or got thrown vast distances at the hand of the dancing human. The sounds that person made were quite horrendous. I was lucky to burrow into the ground to get away. After that, we were not allowed to take any offerings from the humans, for they are evil.


I do not understand. These humans are different. They seem to have tired of watching my struggle and are moving on. I wonder why they did not stomp on me when they had the chance? Not my concern right now, just thankful I was not pulverized.


Oh, look, Mama Q sent more helpers. We will feast well this day.



© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842768-Day-27-Homage-to-the-Mighty-Ant