*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843225-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#843225 added March 4, 2015 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
I'm enjoying my one and only day off today. I woke up at five-thirty, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up, started coffee and my day. the coffee got done about the same time the alarm was set to go off, so I fixed Rhonda and myself a cup of coffee with honey and creamer, and just as I started up the steps, i heard the alarm sound off. By the time I got to the bedroom, Rhonda was up, and opening the door, so I handed her a cup of coffee and served her with a big smile. She had to pee too bad to enjoy that first cup in bed, but it's the thought, right?

We enjoyed a nice morning, and I even made pancakes, from scratch. After breakfast, we did a Bible study and then it was time to Rhonda to get ready for work. It had been a good morning, and I haven't had this much energy and felt this good in over a week. But, even though I was feeling better, I wasn't one hundred percent yet, and by this time, I was wore down and ready to crawl back into bed. I did go back to bed around a quarter to ten, and slept hard until noon. I woke up feeling pretty good the second time, too.

I even made dinner, did up the dishes, and swept the kitchen. But, again I'm feeling kind of run down; better, but still not back to my old self. It started with a sore throat, then settled into my upper chest. I told Rhonda if I was not feeling better by tomorrow, I would go see our doctor at the clinic. Yesterday it seemed like it wasn't as bad in my chest, but my throat and sinuses were getting worse. Today, it seems to be mostly in my sinuses, but they are feeling a bit better, too. I'm still coughing, but not as hard and as often as the last few days.

It seems like I have been sick more than well this entire winter, and most of the fall. I don't know why, but I hope it's about done and I can get back to feeling better, and not getting sick with every little thing that comes along. I suspect I have just been over doing it with working and everything, and not getting enough sleep or rest. Now, I'm working on the proper rest, getting more sleep, and even taking more time away from work.

Like today. It's my only day off since we are now short on help again, and I have work to do, a report to send off, scheduling, and the end of month documents, not to mention a bunch of backed up filing. But, I didn't do anything for work. I figured since I only have the one day off, I'm not going to spend any of it for work. Even when I get over this nasty bug, I'm going ot continue taking my breaks from work, even if it's one day.

I'm also hoping we get someone hired and trained soon, so Rhonda and I can have at least one day off together, hopefully two. I'm planning on taking more time to just get away, for both of us. I don't care if it's just a day trip to a local park or something, it's been too long since we took much for time just for us to enjoy and get away.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843225-Wednesday