*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843326-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#843326 added March 5, 2015 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It's getting kind of late, so another short entry. I need to get to bed on time and get my rest so I can get over this nasty bug I have. Speaking of this vile germ, I am feeling better, but still have a long way to go. I actually had enough energy left after work to do a little around the place here. I have my e-report sent off, I've faxed the next schedule, and I even finished the end of month documents and faxed them. Even more impressive, I made a huge dent in my inbox and finished most of it, including the filing. What's even more impressive than that, I cleaned my desk off, and moved it over, switched the file cabinet to the opposite side, and have everything put back where it belongs.

Now, I'm exhausted and ready for bed. But, it's a little early yet, so I'll write a little in here, then relax in front of the flat screen boob tube, and enjoy a bit of ice cream. Then it's off to bed, and up early again for work. I was up at three this morning since I worked opening, and I anticipated problems, since they took our scanners and replaced them with tablets.

I've been eager for the update, but I also know how much of a pain it is while they set up and work the bugs out. But, they did most of this yesterday, while I was off work. Rhonda had to put up with the switch over, the servers down, the programming, and all the miserable parts. For me today, things worked fine, and it's just a matter of getting used to the new device. It's nicer, in my opinion, and I'm liking the switch.

Tomorrow should be a pretty good day, although it may be busier. I almost expect Fridays to be busier, but most of the winter has seen Thursdays twice as busy as Fridays, and some Fridays are actually pretty dead. I don't know why, but I don't mind since we get a lot more freight and deliveries on Fridays.

It's also nicer out. We have been seeing below zero temperatures, and barely above zero highs during the day. With the wind, it's been frigid, and miserable to be out in. But, tomorrow we begin our spring warm up. Actually, it started today, and got up into the upper teens for a change, but the wind was blowing pretty hard, and the wind chill value barely broke zero. Tomorrow, however, we should see thawing temperatures, and by Saturday, we may be in the fifties.

With those kind of temperatures, the snow is going to melt fast, and we already have a lot of ice built up, so it's going to be kind of messy, but I don't mind. I'm so tired of the cold, and the dryness of the air. I'm ready for warmer temperatures, even if it means more snow, rain, and mud. March can still see us buried in snow, and depending on the temperatures, possible rain and ice storms. I'm ready, just no more below zero. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I don't see any more below freezing temps for a long time.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843326-Thursday