*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843550-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#843550 added March 8, 2015 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Wow, I'm actually feeling pretty good today. Considering today is the start of Daylight Savings Time, that's really amazing. It usually takes me a long time to adjust to the time change. It's just the fact that my body tells me it's one time and the clock indicates it's another. this tends to mess me up, especially at bed time.

I'm hoping it won't this year, since I'm already having trouble getting to bed on time, and usually end up a half hour late, sometimes even an hour. I've been getting better, and it's beginning to become routine. Sure, I need to back that routine up by about a half hour, but at least I'm adjusting to going to bed around eight-thirty now. With the time change, however, my body is only going to be registering seven thirty, when in fact by the clock, it's already eight-thirty, and by the time I get to the body-clock time for bed, the clock on the wall is going to state it's now nine-thirty.

But, like I said, this season seems to be going smoother. That's despite the fact that we forgot to adjust the damn clocks last night before bed. That means we went to bed an hour late last night, and would have over slept this morning if not for the alarm on my netbook. Luckily it automatically adjusts the time, and went off right on schedule this morning. I woke Rhonda and said my alarm was going off downstairs, it must be five o'clock. She replied after looking at the alarm clock, "No, it's only four, go back to sleep."

As it usually goes for me, however, I had to pee first before I could get back to sleep, and damn if I wasn't still hearing that bugle playing revile. My netbook is downstairs on the desk, and the alarm is set to play revile ten minutes after our regular alarm goes off, just in case something misfires. It's also set to get progressively louder, and it would be about five minutes before it would be loud enough for Rhonda to hear. For some reason, probably my time in the service, I hear it as soon as it sounds, even though it's barely audible.

Anyway, I got up and headed downstairs. Before I even reached the steps, I knew I was right, the alarm was going off. At first I thought I must have programmed it wrong when I readjusted things for me working a couple of closing shifts now. But when I got down the steps, I looked, and sure enough, it was ten after five. I hit the space bar to quiet the alarm, went back upstairs and informed Rhonda that it was actually a quarter past five now, and we had forgotten to set the clocks ahead.

I was already back into bed by the time she was up and out of bed, since on Sunday mornings I sleep in another hour to hour and a half while she gets ready. This is because I won't work until later this afternoon and close up this evening. But today I could not go back to sleep, and I got up shortly after Rhonda did. I'm hoping this will also help me get to sleep on time this morning. And, since I have to work until closing again tomorrow, and because Rhonda works the afternoon shift, we won't have to get up until six tomorrow. All this should help me to adjust to the change, and hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

I really don't understand why the still incorporate this foolishness, it does not "save" any time, and it does not give us any more hours of daylight. It just cost industry and business a lot of money, makes things difficult for the citizens, and messes up the schedule for the farmers. I mean, seriously, if the ladder isn't quite long enough to reach the roof, cutting a foot off the top and nailing it to the bottom isn't going to make it any longer.

An acquaintance of mine stated in Facebook, it gives us an extra hour of sunlight after work. She's right about that, since yesterday's sunrise was at 6:59 and the sun set at 6:29 and today's sunrise was an hour later at 7:58 and it will set tonight an hour later, at 7:31. But, if you look at the span of time between them, you can see there is only a few more minutes of daylight today, due to the sun and earth positions in space, not the changing of the clocks. And, since she stated this fact, yes there will be another hour of daylight in the evening, but it will be an hour later before it gets light in the mornings. And, since I get up early, I will now have to put up with another hour of darkness, and since I go to bed, or should be in bed, by eight at night, I just have another hour of light to try and sleep through. Since she also gets up early and goes to bed early, she has the same situation, she'll have actually less sunlight to enjoy unless she stays up well past her bedtime.

Well, I've rambled on enough about the foolishness of Daylight Savings Time. Now, I'm going to go take advantage of my morning off and get some things done around here.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843550-Sunday