*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843870-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#843870 added March 11, 2015 at 6:05pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Didn't get in here to write much yesterday, I'm kind of in a funk. I'm not sure why, it's beautiful spring weather outside and it's not even spring yet. We may see near seventy degrees tomorrow, sunny and nice out.

I suppose part of it's being short on help at work and not getting any time off with my Honey. In fact, we are doing good right now to get a day off at all. Now, tomorrow after work, I get the fun task of meeting and interviewing a candidate for the open position. I don't mind it so much, but I don't get paid for my time or mileage for this type of activity, and that kind of brings me down. Also, there's a lot of paperwork and training work to do, again not on the clock for most of it, and then they may not even want the job.

This has happened quite a few times in the past. I have put in four to six hours of my time, unpaid, to get things set up and ready to start someone, only to have them decide they don't want the job. Then it's back to square one and do it all over again. Also, even if this person works out, wants the job, and does well, I still have to do this all over again next month after another person quits. It seems like a never ending battle that just can't be won.

Oh well, perhaps this time around we will find a couple of people that will stick it out for a while, do a good job, and put the effort needed into the job they have. At least, I hope so.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843870-Wednesday