*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843709-Ode-to-Gluten--and--Clouds
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#843709 added March 10, 2015 at 1:10am
Restrictions: None
Ode to Gluten--and--Clouds
Prompt by Lyn's a Witchy Woman Create 2 stanzas of a rhyming poem... that begins with Ode. Each stanza must be 4 lines, you choose if all lines rhyme or if you want create couplets. I hope you'll be able to make us experience your favorite food just the way you do...

Ode to Gluten

Ode to you, my staple
from oven to table
muffin, bread, and roll
Cheers to cholesterol!

Cookies, buns, cupcakes
I’ll do what it takes
for this dizzying array
in my diet to stay


Prompt by Joy : Clouds
“Clouds are thoughts without words.” Mark Strand.
What do clouds mean to you?


Clouds are the refuge to where the full moon flees, so I can’t catch its image in my camera.

They creep mysteriously over me, sometimes pure white like belly laughs, other times like sorrows in gray shadows. Lightning, their sword, cuts through to earth to issue threats with a drumroll of thunder.

Yet, clouds may show a tender response using their fluid charm because, after a rain-dance or séance, they imagine to become ghosts that shed tears over flowerbeds to send them life. Next, as photogenic actresses, they begin to flirt with the sun by letting it glimmer through their arms.

Troves of feelings allow me hold a few fugitive clouds in the wells of my eyes, akin to white cocoons incubating, to be let loose as words when I take the pen in my hand.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843709-Ode-to-Gluten--and--Clouds