*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844286-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#844286 added March 16, 2015 at 4:52pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Not much time for anything in here today, even though I had hoped to get more time in here. I don't have to work today until five this afternoon, but seeing as how's it is now three-thirty and I have a forty minute drive, I suppose I better be quick about this and go get myself ready. I'm not sure where the day went, but I do know it went there too damn fast.

Tomorrow is not going to be any better, since I will be working the afternoon shift. We have three, the morning shift opens at five, the afternoon shift works from eleven until five in the afternoon, and then the evening shift works from five until closing, ten-thirty during the week.

I'll be home kind of late, getting done at ten-thirty and then having my forty minute drive home. I'm not a person who can get home and crash right away, so I will have to sit up and relax for a bit, probably around an hour. This means I'll not get a lot of sleep, unless I don't get up quite as early. We are shooting for six in the morning, but may have to adjust that to seven. Then I'll need a good amount of time to get woke up, then do a Bible study with Rhonda, and then it will be time for work. I'll get home in time to enjoy a nice dinner with Rhonda, and then I'll likely just vegetate most of the evening, since I will be pretty tired.

In fact, being tired is why I didn't get much done today. I was up by six-thirty, even though the alarm was set for six. Rhonda hit the snooze once or twice, then got up, but I was still only semi-conscious. She took the dogs out, then let Hannah upstairs to wake me. Of course, Rhonda was just a few steps behind and also aided in getting me up.

But, even though I was up, I was still pretty out of it, mostly just tired. I did eventually wake up enough to get a bit of work done. I had to go over a hire packet with Rhonda, then we ate brunch and did a short Bible study. By this time, it was getting late and Rhonda had to get ready for work. I started working on some filing and items that were getting behind for work while she got ready. Then she was off to work and I was setting up to do my weekly report for work. I still had a bit of paper work to do, so I finished that up, then did my report and sent it off.

After I was going to check into MFP and Facebook quickly, then come in here and get a little something done. I figured at least I could get my journal entry written, and have time to do a good entry. But, I also wanted to get an app downloaded for my phone. So after MFP and Facebook, I went over to the Google Play Store and looked at a few different apps for recording. I found one that not only was free, it was also advertisement free.

It wasn't quite as fancy as some, and it does not have voice activation, which would be nice. But it does what I need, it has various recording levels, and fit's the bill. I wanted something to record my thoughts and ideas on my phone. I have an app that I can write in, a simple journal, and I also have Evernote, but I needed something I could use when I can't type, like during driving. An audio recorder is just that.

This took a little longer than I intended, and then I had to try it out, which burned up a little more time. It was now just past two-thirty and I was feeling very tired again. I had eaten a sandwich and some chips for lunch while I looked at apps, and between the food and just not getting a lot of sleep the last few days, I needed to take a power nap. I set my alarm and crashed out for twenty minutes, then got up and made some coffee for work tonight.

While that's brewing, I logged in here and got this written, but now it's time to finish getting myself ready for work. I have to go in a little early and make a stop by the place that does our drug testing and get some information for the new person that is starting later this week.

That's where most of my time went besides work, getting things taken care of to fill an open position. It's very time consuming, a lot of work, and I'm going to have to do this all over in another couple of weeks. But, once this person is trained and working, I'll at least get two days off with Rhonda again, for at least a couple of weeks. Then, if we do not have anyone trained in yet, it will start all over in April when the other person quits.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844286-Monday