*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844405-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#844405 added March 17, 2015 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
I knew I wouldn't get much time in here today, since I worked afternoons. In addition, I'm very tired out, and didn't get up as early as I should have, but then I didn't get to bed until a bit past midnight.

The afternoon shift is the worst of the three, at least for me. I never did care for it, and I'm not growing any fonder working it now. Not that it's a bad shift, it's not. In fact, it's kind of a nice time frame, work from eleven in the morning until five at night. And, it's usually a busy shift, but not so busy you don't get a chance to sit down, but busy enough to keep you moving and busy.

So, being busy means the time goes by faster, right? Only for some odd reason, it doesn't. Or at least, not for me. That's why I say it's the worst shift. Others like it, and tell me it passes by so quickly. But for me it's like I work for two hours then get a break and go inside to sit and take a breather. I look at the clock and only fifteen minutes has passed since I got to work.

Then it picks back up and I'm going pretty steady. I talk to this guest, and that guest, I move some items around, I feed the little birds, and of course, I'm busy taking care of guests. Another couple of hours pass and i go inside to take another breather, and when I look at the clock, another fifteen minutes has passed. Or at least, that's how the day goes for me. I stay busy, but the time just drags.

Of course, once I get home, time speeds up to compensate for the drag while working, which means I got home fifteen minutes ago, and it's now bedtime, and five hours later.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844405-Tuesday