*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844312-travler
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#844312 added March 16, 2015 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
travler
Pick a fictional place (jn or out of our world) from any story, novel, or play. Imagine you are visiting that place as a tourist, and write about it as if you are a travel writer. Don’t forget to tell us your source.








For those interested in an exotic vacation, you should defiantly try Pandora.





We have all seen the magical movie Avatar, well I wanted to get a first hand experience of the real Pandora so I booked a weekend trip. Boy was I surprised.





The natives are so friendly and understanding of human curiosity, it is very refreshing. I felt like a small child (and not just because their babies are delivered at 6' long), it was learning a whole new world though the eyes of an uninhibited child.





The natives skin is similar to satin feeling, yet tough like most animal hides. They start life just as fragile as humans but with a velvet powder blue coloring. The coloring changes much the way our own infants change their hair. By the time they are "toddlers" the satin dark blue has set in. I use the term "toddler" because at this stage of life they are functioning as our "adult" stage would. However it takes roughly about 10 years to reach this "toddler" stage.





I had such a toddler guiding though the village of "Surrender". It is a small coloney they developed after the release of the movie for tourist of other planets to stay as a native, but remains far enough away from the actual natives as to keep disturbances to a minimum. Noraroma, my guide warned me not venture off to far, reminding me that many took offence to the way their land and culture was protrude in the movie.





The "Cocconooner" (the hotel of sort that I stayed in) is an excellent experience. The hammock like beds are of a plush leaf that retains heat though out the day than once the lights are out naturally rolls up on itself and cuddles you perfectly for some of the best sleep I can ever remember having. Even when the daylight convinced the leaf to uncoil, it still kept the tip tilted in capturing yesterdays heat so that I could sleep in as long as I wished. When I decided to wake I merely sat up and the tip would unfold allowing me slid down to the mossy floor like a kid at play. The mossy floor reminds me of deep sea water in color and it adjusted to the amount of heat applied to it. If my feet were cold it would warm them and if they were hot it cool them. It the natural ground of this incredible land.





Enough about my quarters you are here to read about the interesting landscape itself so lets begin shall we.


Our 1st adventure is to the swaps at the rear of the estate. During the day it is a sight to behold, but at night it transport you to a wonderland that out shines Disney Land on its best day. We started out floating along the water in a lily pad called "Tiebison". Noraroma simply slipped a vine around the stem and the outer edges of the tiebison came up for her to laso the vine around. it was water tight and held us both all day long. Although I saw no current the water way seem to just carry us along almost as if it knew where we wanted to go. The plant life is so enormacely large it hard to find words to describe it and the colors are vibrate like a box of fresh polished crayons exploded. Beware though as hypnotic as it is there are plants that will kill on contact. Which is why it is always wise to have a guide close by.


Night had fallen during our return trip and the plants had all turned to the dark versus of the day's colors, but whenever we so much as brushed up against them they lit up like they were wired with LED lighting. The foliage is true a sight to see and recommend all add Pandora to their bucket list. No one should die before behold this magical land.


That evening I had the honor of a meal fit for a royal dynasty (I say that because as you know the people of this land are so much larger than us their snack would feed our armies) of local foods. The fruity smells and smooth textures is like a spa day for the taste buds.


The next day they took us out for air tour of the area. Now that was a treat.


As you may know these people are very natural life people. The only items not from this world is the "base" left by the movie crew and it is against the law to remove items or use not of this world items anywhere but the base without a visa stating what & where the use will be.


The air tour is conducted by riding on the birds of this land which are the size of an airplane and it is just another incredible sight .


In all honesty a weekend here just a tease, but well worth it even you never leave the "hotel".


Hope to see you here someday.



© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844312-travler